- Attend at least five FIS speaker meetings
- Attend at least two FIS community service events
- Attend at least two FIS social events, which will be comprised of one networking event and one team building event
- Attend at least two FIS Segment Program events, regardless of year of study
- Attend at least one session of office hours held by Executive Board members
Those who complete membership requirements will be invited to the end-of-semester banquet at a local restaurant. Elections for next semester’s Executive Board will be held at the banquet.
Speaker events involve our corporate partners coming to Grainger to speak about what their company does, what they do at the company and opportunities for internships and post graduation positions. Dress code for these events is business casual.
Community service events involve FIS giving back to the Madison area. Past events include can drives, Arboretum cleanup and volunteering at the Madison farmers market.
FIS social events involve club members getting together and doing something fun. In the past, we have gone to Brewers games as well as team building games.
Segment program events are designed to assist with professional development. Past events include, LinkedIn advice, dinner etiquette and interviewing tips.
All office hours are held at the FIS office in the Undergraduate Lounge, office 1250J. Office hours will begin the week of February 11th.
- Luke Tilkens 9:30AM-10:45AM
- Logan Schoen 12:00PM-1:15PM
- Maggie Scharf 11:00AM-12:15PM
- Matthew Schilling 12:45PM-2:00PM
- Jacquelyn Peterson 2:00PM-3:15PM
- Jon Korger 8:15AM-9:15AM
- Chili Chen 9:45AM-11:00AM
- Jacob Asbjornson 11:50AM-1:05PM
- Dylan Peckham 12:00PM-1:15PM
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street, Burton Malkiel
- Liar’s Poker, Michael Lewis
- Den of Thieves, James Stewart
- Barbarians at the Gate, Burrough and Heylar
- When Genius Failed, Roger Lowenstein
- More Money than God, Sebastian Mallaby
- The Big Short, Michael Lewis
- The End of Wall Street, Roger Lowenstein
- Too Big to Fail, Andrew Ross Sorkin
- Manias, Panics, and Crashes, Robert M. Solow
Semester Stock Competition
FIS is going to be doing a stock competition this semester amongst members. The sign up can be found here. The password to join is FI$2019.
Past speakers and FIS connections include:
- JP Morgan
- Merrill Lynch
- Johnson Controls
- Kimberly Clark
- Associated Bank
- BMO Harris Bank